Covid-19 has affected the country and the world in many ways. While it has affected the economy adversely in India and in many other Nations as well, the biggest impact that covid-19 has is on education. While people struggle to save their lives , education continues to suffer there are a lot of factors related to this and it is not possible to open the institutes because that’s where the prime crowd gathers and the infection rate would increase exponentially.
A UNESCO report estimates that the coronavirus pandemic will adversely impact over to 90 million students across 22 countries. The covid-19 pandemic has affected the educational systems worldwide leading to the near total closures of schools Universities and colleges.
Most governments around the world have temporarily closed education institute in an attempt to stop the spread of coronavirus. According to the UNICEF monitoring 1countries are currently implementing nationwide closures and 55 by implementing local closures in impacting about 98.6 percent of world’s student population.
In 48 countries schools are currently open.
All of this has a great impact on the admission processes as on March 2020 Cambridge International examinations released a statement announcing the cancellation of many related exams including the Cambridge IGCSE and accept that India Neet JEE advanced could not be conducted many students where have to be given general promotion because students could not go to institutes for taking their exams.
The closure of schools not only has impact on studies , educators and families but has extensive monetary and cultural consequences.
School terminations because of the pandemic have revealed insight into different social and financial issues including understudy debt, advanced learning, food insecurity, homelessness, just as access to child care , housing, internet, and inability services.
The effect was increasingly serious for burdened youngsters and their families causing interfere with learning, traded off nourishment, child care issues and ensuring monetary expense to families who couldn’t work.
There continues to be social distancing our only answer is distance learning.
Use of the distance learning programs and opening constructive applications and platforms that schools and educated can come together on and can work on the limiting the education.
How will digitalization help them?
Initially the shift from traditional education to digital education was not that easy.
The reason being no Institute was ready for that even if some were, that number was so less. But as covid-19 has changed our ideas on what is normal, and we continue to interact and face new normals everyday.
Same is the case with education, we need to adopt innovative ways of getting education and giving education because this is something that cannot be stopped because the impact it has on long term are bizzare.
Digital Technology was there to have education’s back
It helped institutes move their focus from traditional learning and adopt digital learning.
Thee institutes and teachers started learning and working on various platforms at available to us like Google classrooms, Google meets, that was for online meetings but it also became a platform for online classes and the same way zoom helped us.
While shift towards the digital Arena you also see a lot of benefits to that-
• One can learn anywhere and anytime.
• The digital world is boundaryless and so has education become while shifting to the digital world.
• Teachers can not only speak to students about what they want to teach but also explain it to them through various examples.
• Real time videos in broadcasting tools assist then.
• Student focus programs have made the students learn a specific field without being present at that place.
• There is a creation of a lot of online learning opportunities and they are promoted on every platform related to social media.
• Many applications or platforms or softwares are offering free access to their content platforms and that is why using them has become easier and everyone has be access to education if you have access to internet.
• Online test and assessments are organised with students can know their score just after the test and this has minimised biases, human errors, and favoritism, and partiality.
• There are sometimes technical errors but there is always a way to fix that.
• To not let cheating happen in the examinations there are webcam Proctored examinations where you can take snaps of students while they are taking the test and assess accordingly if they have cheated or not.
• Candidate can be blocked if there are some oddities in the snap.
All of this makes us believe that there is going to be a rapid and a big transformation in the field of education in the coming decades.
Most of the Institutions will be Technology but that and will be able to compete with the world in the same manner.
Here are some areas that will be a great helping hand and they are
• Augmented reality
This will help the students to practice with full digital content in an interactive 3D model.
• Artificial intelligence
This will help the students relate and we’ll give them and intelligent adaptive learning.
• virtual reality
The gap between the student and educator is erased and it provides real-time experiences.
• machine learning
It has made MCQs possible.
We are all connected on a global level and we all should and must have the access to education in the same manner.
In a vast manner.
To cut costs, ensure student safety and make education BoundaryLess, digital is our go to option.
E learning is the future.
Let us choose something that has such long term benefits. Benefits that do not let it be affected by any barriers…..Let us e-Ducate.